Dental implants are a safe and effective tooth replacement option. Whether you have lost one tooth or many, implants can provide a permanent solution that looks and functions normally.
in Milton, FL
A dental implant is an artificial root upon which a manufactured tooth can be placed. Implants are used to support the replacement of a single tooth, multiple teeth, or larger prostheses such as dentures, depending on the individual’s requirements and condition. Placement of the implant stabilizes bone levels and may prevent bone loss, resulting in greater long-term support, function, and esthetics. Implants are a superior way to replace missing teeth, as they do not require alteration of adjacent teeth. They are also an excellent way to stabilize a denture.
At Thrive Dental Associates, we believe that dental implants are the gold-standard for replacing a missing tooth.
Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants at Thrive Dental Associates involve a few simple steps to complete the entire procedure. However, each patient’s process will vary depending on your oral health at the time.
- Consultation and exam. Before deciding if dental implants are right for you, we will complete a comprehensive exam, including x-rays to measure bone health, then discuss your treatment options.
- Implant placement. The implant will be surgically placed in the bone and a healing cap is placed over the implant so the healing phase can begin. Sometimes, a temporary tooth may be placed before the implant crown is completed.
- Implant healing. After your implant is placed, your jawbone heals around the dental implant and provides a solid base for your new artificial tooth. This process can take 4-6 months to complete.
- Abutment / crown placement. The abutment is the piece where your artificial tooth (crown) will be placed. The abutment is attached to the implant, and then the crown is placed on the abutment.
If you are interested in a dental implant consultation, schedule an appointment with our online scheduling tool or call us today.
Call Thrive Dental Associates
How much do dental implants cost?
At Thrive Dental Associates, we strive to offer dental implants at an affordable cost for our patients in Milton, FL. That is why we offer a Thrive Dental Membership Plan and we accept insurance from major insurance companies, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Delta Dental and MetLife.
Dental Implant: $3500 – $4000
- Includes the implant, abutment and crown
Out of pocket cost for any procedure depends on your insurance coverage at the time of the procedure. Most insurance plans will cover up to 50% of a dental implant procedure.Learn More About Our Thrive Dental Membership Plan
Do Dental Implants Hurt?
During the procedure, pain is very minimal as local anesthesia is used. Local anesthesia will numb the nerves surrounding the implant area so you won’t experience any pain. You may feel some pressure but it should not be painful.
Once the anesthesia wears off, you may experience some discomfort for a couple of days. However, dental implant procedures generally have less post-operative discomfort than a tooth extraction. Most of the time, Ibuprofen is enough to manage any discomfort you may have.
Meet Your Dental Implant Dentist in Milton, FL
Dr. Iti Agarwal
Dr. Iti Agarwal is our dental implant dentist. She loves the personal interaction with patients while combining science and the art of dentistry. She is very motivated and always striving to learn, whether it be through reading articles or attending continuing education courses.